There is a wealth of literature detailing the impact emotion has on individuals’ performance. This research has shown for example, that people perform their best at work when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed and understood. This research has also shown that people often perform their worst when they feel unproductive feelings such as feeling overly worried, frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate and fearful. Research has shown that emotions influence our decisions, behaviour and performance. This influence can be both conscious (that is we are aware of it) and non-conscious (that is we aren’t aware of it). Research has shown that we are typically not conscious of the influence emotion is having on our decisions, behaviour and performance about 85% of the time. Finally, science has also shown us that emotions can influence us in these areas in productive and unproductive ways.
About The Program
This program equips leaders with:
An in-depth understanding of emotional intelligence and how to practically apply it in the leadership of people;
Insight into how often they currently demonstrate emotionally intelligent leadership behaviours and what to do to enhance it;
A tool kit, process, and techniques for being more emotionally intelligent in the leadership of people.
During this program, you will improve your understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence. You will also explore and practice tools and techniques for applying emotional intelligence in leadership and creating high performance in others on that basis.
What You Will Learn
- Your Self-Awareness = The Aware Leader. Self-Awareness is about being aware of the behaviour you demonstrate, your strengths and limitations, and the impact you have on others.
- Your Awareness of Others = The Empathetic Leader. Awareness of others is about noticing and acknowledging others, ensuring others feel valued and adjusting your leadership style to best fit with others.
- Your Authenticity = The Genuine Leader. Authenticity is about openly and effectively expressing oneself, honouring commitments and encouraging this behaviour in others.
- Your Emotional Reasoning = The Expansive Leader. Emotional reasoning is the skill of using emotional information (from yourself and others) and combining it with other facts and information when decision-making.
- Your Self-Management = The Resilient Leader. Self-Management is about managing one’s own mood and emotions; time and behaviour; and continuously improving oneself.
- Inspiring-Performance = The Empowering Leader. Inspiring performance is about facilitating high performance in others through problem-solving, promoting, recognising and supporting others’ work.
Leaders leave the workshop being better able to apply their emotional intelligence in leadership and more often be in the productive being states presented on the outside ring of our unique emotional intelligence model as shown on the left, as opposed to the unproductive being states, that we can all be at times shown on the inside of the ring.
Audience and Format
Leaders of people who want to improve their personal and interpersonal skills and drive not only better employee performance but also higher levels of employee engagement and success.
Two-day facilitated workshop, including:
➢ An emotionally intelligent leadership assessment completed as pre-work.
➢ Inspirational content.
➢ Participative methods.
➢ Experiential scenarios.
➢ Role-play based applications.
➢ Post-program action learning project.
➢ Optional post-program executive coaching.
Need More Information?
Call: +27 82 685 8896